Lead with S.P.I.C.E. uncovers:
- The healing and self-love it takes to show up and lead yourself and others unapologetically.
- The five capabilities early to mid-level black women leaders should master to get to the next level of leadership.
- Actionable steps to take and pitfalls to avoid when navigating the workplace and ascend to senior leadership.
- Building an authentic and credible personal brand that unleashes the real YOU.
- The real power of leading is to not do it alone, we are in this together. We lift as we climb!
- BONUS! This book comes with a FREE downloadable companion workbook to guide you through the growth exercises!
Filled with a professional development guide and empowering storytelling masterpieces for black women in leadership, Black Women Lead with S.P.I.C.E., is a compass that guides you to find and love who you are at the core and crack the code on how to show up and lead as your unapologetic self and develop the key leadership skills that will make you a credible, undeniable and unstoppable leader.
Birthed from personal experience and years of extensive research, keynote speaker, coach, author and global DE&I consultant, Shayla N. Atkins, shares her accounts of spending over 15 years overcompensating to hide her past, climbing the corporate ladder feeling like an imposter, before ultimately plateauing and burning out.
Using data and proven analysis, Shayla leads women away from the perception of having to conform and “codeswitch” to succeed in corporate.
After reaching her breaking point, Shayla decided to lead with S.P.I.C.E. which catapulted her career from operating manufacturing production lines to being a global Director of DE&I.
“I believe authenticity is the vehicle to millions. When women are in safe spaces and can unapologetically be themselves, we can build authentic, profitable, and sustainable businesses and careers.”